Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stupid Marketing Tricks Part II

Watching TV Is Exhausting . . .

. . . and exasperating, I might add.

Karl Greenberg of Media Daily News says it better than I ever could. However, I would also add that the same holds true for radio (especially), newspaper and magazines. The article he wrote is located here:

The public, by and large, is fed up. The use of commercial skipping technology is on an ever-upward trend. I have commercial skipping technology on nearly all my electronic devices. I call it the 'mute' button.

People want to buy. However, they do not wish to be sold. Giving the market what it wants, in the way it wants it is key, but does require a completely different set of strategies.

As I have said many times - giving your potential buyers a message, using intrusive advertising tactics not only does not work, it causes them to actually resent your message.

The entire world of advertising is slowly moving towards being lumped under the 'spam' heading.

Do you really want your potential buyers to actually resent your methods? If so, keep shoving advertising in their collective faces. If not, draw them in with strategic publicity strategies.

To be fair here, running intrusive advertising certainly is not a Stupid Marketing Trick . . . yet.

More at http://www.freepublicitygroup.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment